Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day Three

It's 8 pm on day three of my bazillion step journey and I'm already wishing it was time for bed. They say that the third day usually is the hardest...and I really, truly, deeply hope that's true!

Last night, unlike Tuesday, I had a really hard time sleeping. I woke up nearly every hour and just tossed and turned and couldn't get comfortable, so my morning didn't start off the best. I overslept a bit and was pretty sore when I finally got out of bed.

Work was fine, although my temper was slightly more short than normal today; I just made sure to avoid those who typically annoy me. Fast forward to this afternoon. I found out that Cage was canceled, shortly before it was to start, which was just as well because I was in meetings that ran late. That meant I'd have to work out when I got home.

I dragged into my house a little after 5, collapsed on the couch for half an hour, and then forced myself back up for some aerobics. I really wanted to take Tess for a walk instead, but her leash is in Edmond, so that wasn't an option. I slogged through 30 minutes of aerobics and finished, flat exhausted and more sore than when I started.

Oh...did I mention that today was my first day totally without caffeine?

Deep in my heart, I know that tomorrow will be better. I'm just going to chalk today's overall frustration up to sore muscles, lack of sleep, and the adjustment that comes with major life changes because, hey, I've only got 25 more days to go before this all becomes major habit in my life. I can do this. Right?

2 comments:

  1. oh man I dealing with the whole NO caffeine thing too...it sucks...just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! I caved and had some iced tea today because my head was killing me! Ultimately, I need/want to totally eliminate it, but I guess the occasional glass won't equal my demise.

    ReplyDelete